Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl XLV


My Super Bowl Highlights:
  • Company...My favorite crowd in the whole world.
  • Commercials...Funny.
  • National Anthem...Disappointed with the lyric mix up, but still liked the performance.
  • Half time show...They were right! It was going to be a good night.
  • Penalties...Shame on you Packer fellas for some of those penalties.
  • And the game...Loved that it was not at all boring. :-)
And now for the food. This is what we wound up with...



I made beef sandwiches and then wrapped them in wax paper to keep them warm and so that the kids could help themselves in the non messiest way.



We had grilled onions and peppers to go on the sandwiches.



Potato Salad. I know it's not a picnic, but the kiddo's love this stuff. They were so happy.



Packer veggies. :-)



Jello. My kids love jello, but I have to admit it's probably not the most common item you would find at a Super Bowl party.


And dessert. Messy, oozy, lemon bars were so good.


And this was my version of Packer cupcakes. I tinted some homemade cream cheese frosting to match the Packer napkins and some green non perils topped these mini cupcakes off perfectly. I think they are so cute.


Our official mascots of the evening. Don't they look thrilled to be sitting still for a photo while they could be begging for scraps?

No comments:

Post a Comment