Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pink Tablescape


Today we are setting the table for a tea party.
A tea party is the perfect pre-teen gathering according to my daughter, the expert.
She has invited three of her friends over and I am setting their table.
This would also be a great table for a Mother's Day brunch.
I am starting with this pink table cloth.
{I apologize for the terrible picture below.}



I am praying that my daughter's terribly sophisticated pre-teen friends will treat my treasured milk glass with extreme care.



I am the third generation to have these beautiful luncheon sets.
I really love them.



My mother made these cute little napkins just for the occasion.
They are smaller than a traditional 19 X 19 napkin.



I am also borrowing a few pieces of my mother's beautiful silver.
I thought the salad fork and the teaspoon was the cutest and daintiest.
I wanted to do something a little different with the silverware.
I found some sheer pink ribbon and grabbed a few leftover carnations.



I crossed the silver and tied it together.



 A sweet little bow is perfect.


A single carnation flower finished off the place setting.




A milk glass plate goes in the middle for the centerpiece.



The centerpiece is pretty simple.
I soaked Oasis in water and then added carnations and baby's breath.
I cut the stems down to a few inches to make them workable.








I am linking to Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch and Let's Dish at Cuisine Kathleen.

13 comments:

  1. A beautiful table, ready for tea!

    They will just love it!

    What is on the menu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is all so very pretty and your luncheon sets are divine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty table setting. I love your luncheon plates.

    You won my Lodge Skillet giveaway at Our SOuthern Table. Please send me your mailing info. so that I can get it out to you!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty and feminine table! Your daughter and her friends will be delighted to be treated to such a lovely setting, I'm sure, and pleased to be trusted with "the good stuff"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, your milk glass is beautiful. What a treasure for you to be the third generation to use it! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. I have some milk glass from my mother that looks similiar. I hope the little ladies enjoyed their tea party.

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely. I'll be right over - your daughter won't mind, right?

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! Your milk glass set is so sweet, pink and white together are just beautiful. Visiting from Let's Dish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet! The centerpiece is so beautiful. You are getting her trained!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful bouquet...and table. I love milk glass, still looking for one plate so I can do a table!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pink and white is so pretty! Love the centerpiece.
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your table looks beautiful...and the milk glass is lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now what girl wouldn't like this?!??!! It's terrific for the pre-teen set to learn how to take tea!!! You made it all so pretty for them! They will be talking about this for a very long time to come!!! GREAT idea with the flatware!

    ReplyDelete