Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Egg Leftovers...Egg Salade

We had a great Easter this year with lots of Easter eggs.  So now, it's time for egg salade.  We love egg salade and I am going to show you our favorite version.  We call it deviled egg salade because it has the same ingredients as our favorite deviled eggs.  The board of ingredients is pretty simple.  You can use your Easter eggs if they have been refrigerated, otherwise regular hard boiled eggs are just fine. 


Having some little hands to help you peel the eggs is a big help.  I love this picture. 



Okay...last sentimental picture.  I promise.



Okay, here are our eggs. 



Now, don't judge me.  This is my egg cutter upper.  You might have one of these things that is all in one piece.  Congratulations, I am really happy for you.  If you don't, you can use the food processor to break down the eggs or you can get your knife out and go to town.  I am going to use my sad and pathetic egg cutter upper and slice the eggs.  I figure that by the time I finish stirring the egg salade up, the eggs will broken up perfectly. 



Aren't they beautiful slices from an un-beautiful slicer upper?



Now, we start adding lots of yummy flavor.  Pinch of salt, pinch of pepper...



sugar....



vinegar...



mustard...



and mayo. 



Give it a stir and now all you need is a spoon.  :-)   But let's make it a sandwich...just for fun.



I am using leftover buns and some fresh spinach.  Roasted red peppers would also be super yummy, but I did not have any. 




I like to use a ice cream scoop to get a perfect round ball of egg salade on the sandwich.



It's lunch time.  Hope you like this as much as we do.  :-)



Willow Cottage Egg Salade

Ingredients:

1 Dozen Hard Boiled Eggs, Peeled and Diced
Salt and Pepper
1 Tablespoon White Sugar
1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1/4 Cup Mayo


Directions:

1. In a medium bowl mix eggs, pinch of salt, pinch of pepper and remaining ingredients. Mix until well combined.

2. Chill and serve. Makes 6 1/3 cup servings or 5 1/2 cup servings. Enjoy!



For a printer friendly version of this recipe click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment