Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Budget Buster - New Sun Room Furniture

I went to a big garage sale this weekend.  I was thrilled with the two little treasures I found.  I picked up these great end tables at a garage sale for only $5.00 each.  They are totally beat up and in horrible shape which is why I got them for such a steal.  I could not wait to make them into something beautiful. 



My son LOVES sanding which is great because I hate doing it.  The nicks and grooves will give the table top a bit of personality, but I do want this to be as smoothly sanded as possible. 



He is using a piece of fine grit sand paper and he is getting the shiny finish off as well as smoothing out the table top as much as possible. 


Use a damp cloth to remove all the dust.  Make sure that every surface is clean.  You NEVER want to paint over dust. 



For a tutorial on how to finish the rest of the table click here.  Here is the drawer that has had the hardware removed for sanding and painting purposes.  I love drawers that can be used for storage and organizing.




There is no turning back now.  I can't wait to show you how it turned out. 



I treated the handles with a very light coat of same spray paint I used in the tutorial link above.  I like that some of the antique black is showing through the spray paint.  I mainly wanted to cover up the fake brass look.



I love how the tables tuned out.  Here is one of them. 



I can't believe how perfect they are for the sun room.  The total cost was ten dollars for two end tables.  I used spray paint, sand paper, and blue paint that I had left over from previous projects.  


I am linking up to Thrifty Things Friday at the Thrifty Groove.

I am linking up to the Garage Sale Finds and Makeovers Linkup:
Visit thecsiproject.com

3 comments:

  1. It turned out great! Love the color of both the table and the hardware:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the color and the silver hardware is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great finds in those little tables. they look like really good quality tables. The redo is wonderful! And LOVE the silver hardware! Thank you for joining TTF and have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete